Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Just a Story Empty
PostSubject: Just a Story   Just a Story Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 1:13 pm

Hello. I thought of sending a peculiar occurrence that happened to me, but I hadn't found the right place. Here it goes. My grandma was diagnosed with cancer in 1996, she was treated (surgery & radiotherapy) and we all thought she was cured -in my case I really didn’t know much about cancer and when the doctor said that the cancer was out I never thought it would come back-. In December 1999 I was living out of town and it had been a month since I had seen my grandma (a really long time for us)

I was supposed to come pick her up and take her to my house for the Holidays, on the 18th she felt sick and went to the hospital, I arrived on the 19th and she still wanted to go back to my house for Christmas so against what the doctor thought best she checked out, her bladder was no longer working and she felt weak all the way (although now that I’m writing this it sounds that she was pretty bad already I always thought it was going to pass, I mean she had overcome cancer, hadn’t she?? stupid of me). After an 8 hour trip we arrived to our destination and I had to take her to the hospital, she stayed there until the 31st, an aunt and myself would take turns in staying with her day and night, all through this I still thought she was ok.

On the 30th, my grandma had been in a great mood she had been joking and playing with me all day and so when my aunt arrived I headed home, I would arrive at home and start cleaning and preparing next day’s supper I was pretty occupied with what I was doing and my two children were sleeping as I was mopping the kitchen, the back door had a sort of mirrored glass, I was in front of this door when I felt someone walk behind me I looked up and I saw a shadow walk by (the feeling was more intense than what I actually saw), what went through my head as I saw this shadow was the memory of my grandpa deceased for 5 years at the time, I dropped the mop forgot about everything, ran up the stairs and cuddled in between my sleeping children (although I would love to say that when I thought it was my grandpa I felt at peace, I can’t, I was scared to death).

I woke up at around 6 in the morning to the smell of roses, my aunt phoned at 7 to let me know that my grandma had fallen into a coma, all day this smell of roses persisted I would smell it everywhere. She died on Jan.1,2000 at 00:08 she never came out of the coma, the cancer had invaded most of her organs. I know it’s not really scary, but it’s the only experience I could not explain logically. I have never read of anything that has to do with the smell of roses if anyone has had a similar experience please let me know so I can understand this better.

By: ctorres@vitro.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
Alice

Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Just a Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a Story   Just a Story Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 2:43 pm

When my grandma died I felt horrible and could not accept it. Her death came during especially hard period in my life so I was so wrecked I couldn't even cry. Long story short, one evening I was thinking about her intensively and this extremely pleasant scent of roses filled my room. It lasted for few minutes only, but I cried my eyes out and felt better.
By the way, Catholics in my part of the world believe that scent of roses (or any pleasant flowerly smell) is a sure sign that departed person arrived in Heaven.
Back to top Go down

Just a Story
Page 1 of 1