Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two Stories

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Two Stories Empty
PostSubject: Two Stories   Two Stories Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 6:19 pm

Story #1

About four years ago, my parents moved to a home in Midnapore. We know nothing about the homes past, but right after they moved in - strange things began to happen. These odd things were only noticed by my mother and my nephew. My stepfather never saw or heard anything strange and my mother was afraid to tell him, for fear that he would put the house up for sale immediately. Mom would notice that knick-knacks in her china cabinet would be missing. They would show up again in the china cabinet, in a different spot. One day she was coming downstairs and could hear the television on.

She thought to herself "that darn kid left the TV on" and as she rounded the corner, it clicked off by itself. She was vaccuming one day and turned the vaccuum off, but it kept going for about thirty seconds. The basement had motion detectors that would go "blip, blip" when they detected motion.

These were going off so often that eventually you didn't even hear them anymore. Mom would often feel a presence watching her when she was downstairs doing laundry. The home had strange things in it, such as holes in the walls that had been plastered up. One closet had the back of it plastered up and I used to tease her that maybe a body was back there. My nephew (who lives with my parents) used to complain (not be scared, but just complain) that there was "someone" in his room with him. They lived in this house for about two years.

Story #2

When I was sixteen (a long, long, long time ago), I went to visit friends who lived in Medicine Hat, Alberta (Canada). I was to stay with them for one week. My first night there, they showed me the guest room, in the basement. I was not a jumpy kid but was uneasy about the accommodations.

Once in the basement, you had to cross all the way across to the other end - turn down a hallway and the bedroom was down that hall, with a bathroom directly across from it. My first night there, I tried to convince the dog to come downstairs and sleep with me. He would have none of that! I resorted to carrying the poor creature downstairs but once we got down there, he bolted back upstairs. It didn't help that the walls were covered in animal heads - deer, elk, etc. This was and still is absolutely horrifying to me. More horrifying in fact than meeting a ghost face to face. Anyhow, I slept down there the first night without incident. A day or two later, I went into the laundry room, which was also in the basement.

Hanging behind the door was the creepiest little puppet (it was actually a marionette) that I have ever seen. Now I am not making this up for the sake of dramatics, but this hideous thing would be swinging back and forth every time I went into that laundry room. It would stop swinging when it was facing me. If I went into the laundry room with anyone else, it was completely still and usually facing the wall. I could not and still cannot figure that one out. Anyhow, one night I decided to take the dog for a walk (actually, I was sneaking out to smoke cigarettes) and out I went. I was gone for one or two hours and when I returned home, the house was dark.

Someone was showering in the upstairs bathroom, but the kids were in bed. I decided to go downstairs and get ready for bed. The lights were off - I turned them on and went downstairs to my room. As I headed into my room, I noticed that the bathroom across the hall had a light on and the door was shut closed. I didn't think anything about it, but walked into the room and took my nightgown, toothbrush, etc out of the suitcase. I turned around and the door to the bathroom stood wide open. The light was off. I thought to myself "geez, I must be in trouble"....... but carried on getting ready for bed. I eventually made my way upstairs to face the music. My host was still in the bathroom and I sat in the upstairs living room waiting for him.

He eventually came out of the bathroom and came and sat with me. I asked "is Darlene made at me for something?" His reply was "Darlene went to Calgary tonight." They had made an offer on a truck that was for sale and it was accepted. Darlene had been gone for hours. He could sense that I was puzzled and asked me why. I explained what happened downstairs. One thing that has always troubled me, is he very matter-of-fact stated to me "it must have been the wind" and got up and left me sitting there. How could the wind turn a light on / off and OPEN a door? I slept on the couch upstairs for the remainder of my trip.

By: golfwidow10@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Two Stories
Page 1 of 1