Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading the Stories

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Reading the Stories Empty
PostSubject: Reading the Stories   Reading the Stories Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:11 am

It has been so much fun reading through the ghost stories! I have never experienced and ghost myself, but my dad has told me lost of ghost stories about his old "haunted house". This is the story of my dad's house that he used to live in while he was in college at Virginia Tech in the late 70's. It was an old farmhouse that had been split up into apartments. The apartments all shared a kitchen and common living area. The house was located in the small town of Newcastle Virginia, which was about 20 minutes outside of Blacksburg.

These are some of the strange things that happened in the house. He lived there with two other guys that were also students at VA Tech. One of the things they all noticed were footsteps on the old creaky steps. The steps were located right next to the front door. They would hear the door open and close at night and then hear someone walking halfway up the steps, then the footsteps would stop and there would never be anyone there. My dad said that this never bothered them much if they were all home, but it was enough to really freak you out if you were there by yourself. One of the roommates was an avid chess player and used to always have a chess board out in the living room. One day he had set the board up and gone into the kitchen to get a drink.

When he came back some of the pieces had been moved around. He was the only one in the house when this happened. No one had ever seen the ghost until one of the roommate's girlfriends had come in from out of town to visit. It was on a weekend and my dad and the bsp;the third roommate were out at a party and didn't get back until next morning. Apparently the girlfriend had gone to bed early because she had been tired out by her trip. Her boyfriend had opted to stay up and watch tv. The room she was sleeping in had an old fireplace in it that had been bricked up for years.

The landlord had decided to renovate the fireplace and had had some men come that week to remove the brick. Around 11:00 pm the girlfriend woke up because the room was freezing and reached down to get a blanket that was at the foot of the bed. She looked up to see an old man with a beard bending over next to the fireplace. He smiled at her and pointed up the chimney. When my dad and the third roommate got back the next morning the girl was gone. They assumed that she and her boyfriend had gotten into a fight or something like that until he told them she had seen the ghost and it had frightened her so bad she had left. All three of them checked in the fireplace to see what the ghost was pointing at and never found anything. My dad moved out of the house a few months after this. My parents still live in blacksburg and I've driven past this "haunted house" many times. I've always wanted to knock on the door and see if the ghost is still there.

By: little_miss_scare_all7@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Reading the Stories
Page 1 of 1