Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elk Street 2002-2004

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Elk Street 2002-2004 Empty
PostSubject: Elk Street 2002-2004   Elk Street 2002-2004 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:04 pm

We bought my father-in-laws house with the understanding that he was to stay with us so we could take care of him. He was in his mid 70's and not in the best of health.

Before we moved in we turned the 2 upstairs bedrooms into 3 bedrooms. My husband was upstairs taking the panels off the walls and called me upstairs to figure out how and where to move the heating duct. As soon as I got to the top of the stairs my husband hung his hammer on a nail that was sticking out of a stud. We were standing right next to that stud the whole time I was upstairs with him. We were the only two upstairs. When we were finished talking he went to grab for his hammer. It was no longer hanging on the stud. We looked for it for about 15 minutes before finding it under a pile of panels about 10 feet away from the stud it was hung on. We just gave each other a raised eyebrow look and didnt say anything about it.

The TV would always turn off and on by itself. It was my father-in-laws TV that sat in the livingroom. It was the only TV in the house that did that no matter what outlet it was plugged into. I would turn it off and by the time I would walk into the kitchen it would be on again. I would have to say something like "I dont have time to play right now" before it would finally stop.

I was at work the night my father-in-law passed away. It was 3 am on a Monday morning when one of the high low drivers broke a main water line that caused all the presses to be shut down. I'd been working there for 2 years and had never seen or heard of all the press operators being sent home as there is always something else for us to do, rework, cleaning...

I went straight home and straight into my father-in-laws room to check on him and tell him what happened. We had a close bond and talked about everything. He was gone. His estimated time of death was 3am. It may have been a coincidence, but MAN, what a coincidence!

After my father-in-law passed away I experienced only one more thing. I was up in my room and heard my son call me from the kitchen. I was at the top of the stairs and he was at the bottom of the stairs when we met up. He asked me what I wanted. I asked him what he meant because I heard HIM call ME. He just shook his head and said "Oh, not this again."

I came home from work early again one night, about a month after my father-in-law had passed away. I walked into my sons room to see if he was home yet. He was laying in his bed with the blankets over his head. My son was 18 at the time. I whispered "Are you still awake?" He popped his head out from under his blanket and told me he heard footsteps in his room just a few minutes before I got home. Could have been the cat, I told him. Nope, definately human he said, but when he looked to see who it was there was nobody there. My oldest daughter heard me and her brother talking downstairs and came down. She told me about an hour before I got home she thought she heard someone walking around downstairs, she thought it was her brother. She heard footsteps from his room to the bathroom. She went downstairs and peaked her head in his room, not in there. She walked to the bathroom but the door was standing open so she knew he wasnt in there. She was spooked so she went upstairs and didnt come back down until I got home.

We moved to a big old farm house in 2004.

By: sawdon65@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Elk Street 2002-2004
Page 1 of 1