Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Mother Comes Home A True Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

My Mother Comes Home  A True Story Empty
PostSubject: My Mother Comes Home A True Story   My Mother Comes Home  A True Story Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:33 pm

My mother recently passed away in her home in San Antonio, TX. She passed away like any of us would want to go, she simply went to sleep and never work up.

Upon hearing the bad news, my family and I immediately flew to my mother’s home to start tying up loose ends. My sister and I, the only two heirs, divided up all my mother’s property and made arrangements for my mother’s house. My sister kept my mother’s collectibles and I took possession of my mother’s prized paintings.

These two paintings were very large hand painted paintings that were commissioned by my mother decades earlier; one painting was of our large colonial childhood house, the other was of my parents family business of which they had owned together over 20 years. My mother was very proud of both. Since these paintings were so large, we knew we could not fly back with them so we decided to have them ground shipped to our home in Georgia.

After making arrangements for all my mother’s possessions and saying our good byes at my mother’s funeral, my family and I returned home. A few days after we returned home, the shipped paintings arrived. I did not feel like unpacking the paintings so they stayed in the box temporarily.

That night, my wife and I were woken up by a single phone ring at 1:30 in the morning. For no reason at all, my wife says, “That was your mother”. I explained to her that it was simply a wrong number and the caller had hung up. The next night, an alarm clock in the living room, which was only used to keep time, went off at 1:30 in the morning. I had to get up out of bed and physically turn off the alarm. My wife and I both knew we never used the alarm feature of that clock. The next day I checked the clocking programming and saw that the alarm, (had it been turned on) was programmed to go off at 2:30 in the afternoon!

I decided to call my sister and let her know what was going on in my home since those paintings had arrived. My sister had stayed in my mother’s house when she was in San Antonio making my mothers burial arrangements, and she said that she too had the strangest urge to wake at 1:30 in the morning.

That night, I woke at 1:30 in the morning again, for no reason; my wife woke up a few minutes later. We were awake a few minutes and I did not hear anything so I immediately went back to sleep, my wife was awake a little longer since it takes her longer to get back to sleep once she is awake. My wife said that after I went back to sleep she heard someone walking across the kitchen floor and opening the refrigerator. She said that it was a very unique stride; it was my mother’s stride. When my mother was alive, she had a very distinctive walk because my mother had lost part of her foot due to diabetes. She had tried to wake me up but I am a very sound sleeper.

That day was Saturday, so we finally got a chance to unpack and hang my mother’s paintings. Once we hung those paintings we no longer had any more nightly incidents.
I cannot help but wonder what time my mother had passed away but I have a pretty good guess.

By: dataguru@bigfoot.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

My Mother Comes Home A True Story
Page 1 of 1