Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost Dreams

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Ghost Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Ghost Dreams   Ghost Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:17 pm

Although, our family does have some semi-psychic tendencies, its rather unusual for us to actually SEE anything. Dreams, however, are another story. For example:

My grandmother throughout her life had a recurring dream of standing outside her home at night and seeing a figure carrying a lantern and walking the top rail of a picket fence. Always when she had the dream, within a few days, she would hear of a death in the family. As she grew older, the dreams continued, until one day when she was in her 80's, she made the comment that, "I know the next time I have that dream, they'll be coming for me." She lived to 91 and never said specifically, but I always wondered whether she saw that figure again.

Personally, for me there are no recurring dreams, but I have experienced losses of loved ones several times in the last ten years and almost every time, I have had dreams where the lost one comes back to show/tell me that they are all right.

The first time occurred in 1994 when my Siamese died. He had owned me for over 18 years and we were very attached. He had been ill for some time and finally got to a point where he had both kidney issues and cancer; euthanizing him was a mercy at that point. A week or two after he passed, I was lying in bed in the morning, in that grey area between sleeping and waking, when I felt him lying in the crook of my arm, his usual sleeping spot. Because I knew he'd be gone when I opened my eyes, I put it off as long as possible. When I did, of course he was gone, but the spot on the bed where he had been was warm and I could still feel where his fur had been warm against my arm.

In 1996, my mother passed away after a long period of failing health. I had been her caretaker for years, so of course there was another huge void. Again, a dream. In the dream, Mom and I were sitting in a sunny little kitchen nook, bright flowers at the window, sipping hot cups of tea and just chatting. Finally, after a brief lull in the conversation, she looked over at me, put her hand on my forearm and said, "You know, I really AM all right?" When I woke up, I felt so peaceful and warm and reassured that she WAS ok.

Fast forward to 1997 after my husband died. Not long afterward, I found myself chatting on an online widows/widowers chat and many of my fellow chatters talked about having seen/felt their late spouses or having dreamed of them; I myself hoped to have an experience of that nature, but in all of my dreams, it seemed I found myself either looking for Joe but never finding him or telling someone or other that he was gone. The very last dream I had, though, I found a place where he was although he wasn't there. I fond myself looking at a whitewashed adobe-type square building on a white sandy beach, complete with palm trees, looking for all the world like a perfect Caribbean beach. There were large openings on each side of the building with beautifully colored drapes billowing out in the breeze. Inside, each room was stacked with huge, soft pillows in ice cream colors. I knew instinctively that this was where Joe was "staying" although he wasn't there at the time and I felt better knowing that he was in such a lovely place (and where he could go fishing--lol). That was the last dream I ever had of Joe.

By: MesesMom@aol.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Ghost Dreams
Page 1 of 1