Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swanton Ohio County Rd K

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Swanton Ohio County Rd K Empty
PostSubject: Swanton Ohio County Rd K   Swanton Ohio County Rd K Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:08 pm

There is a place on County Rd K just off the Turnpike (the land actually butts up to the turnpike, you can easily see the house from it) that has several ghosts. My very good friend lived there with her family, and I spent a lot of time there, although in the daytime! In one of her daughter's bedrooms, there was a woman's ghost that "lives" in the closet.

She would sometimes come out and talk to the little girl, and tell her how lonely she is. My friend heard her daughter talking to someone in the room one night, and asked her who she was speaking to. She told her "to the lady in my closet". Items would also be moved or disappear off the bedside table, and my friends would even deliberately place items there to see what would happen. These items would disappear, and be later found in the closet. My friend also had a vivid dream one night about a family in a car accident, and upon awakening, remembered the family's name. She and her daughters went to the cemetary that is visible from the house, down the road , and asked the caretaker if he had heard of this family. He said he hadn't, but invited them to walk around and check for themselves. They found the Headstones of the entire family in the cemetary, when they had never been to that cemetary before.

My friend also recounted the story of the first day she lived in the house.

She was unpacking upstairs, while her girls were at school. She heard "Mom, I'm home" from downstairs, and thinking that it was her daughters getting home, she called "I'll be right there!" As she walked downstairs, she kept hearing "Mom!, MOM?" and kept responding until she realized that her girls wouldn't be home for another couple of hours!! She grabbed the phone and sat on the front porch until they got home!

She also told me that one night she was sitting at the computer when she heard singing. When she turned around, there was a little girl on the steps, singing. She could see her quite clearly, although she was slightly translucent. She didn't say anything to her family, but several days later, she heard her own daughter singing the same song. When she asked her what she was singing, her little girl said "I'm singing along with the little girl on the steps!". The little girl on the steps was very active there!

They all saw her numerous times. They believe she is a member of the family that died in the car accident. She had lingered a couple of days after the accident, before she died also.

Her other daughter also had the ghost of a very "scary man" in her bedroom.

She would wake up to see him as a shadowy form, and he really scared her.

This house was built on the property of an Indian burial ground, and is still a working sheep farm. The sheep would act very strangely at times, acting "spooked" for no apparent reason. They would also see forms moving up and down the lane by the barns, back near the the pond, which is only about 100 feet from the turnpike. There is a Ford truck at the bottom of the pond, although I don't know if there are any stories behind that.

We also had a mutual friend who had slept on the couch in the den one night.

My friend said she heard him talking to someone in there. When she went to investigate, she said he was sitting upright on the couch, just conversing away. When she asked him who he was talking to, he said "these two right here, don't you see them?". There was nobody in the room with him, and it's a really tiny room!. Another incident was when the landlord had decided to renovate. The gas stove had been disconnected and moved to the middle of the room. In the middle of the night, she and her husband awoke to a loud noise, and went downstairs to see what it was. The stove had been moved back into place.

They also sighted a white cat in the house numerous times, and although they had several cats, none of them was white. Their own cats would play with it, and sometimes seemed to be playing with it when it wasn't even visible.

They lived in the house for a couple of years, and moved out in 2004, so these are fairly recent events. I haven't heard whether the new occupants have had any encounters.

By: hopediane@bex.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Swanton Ohio County Rd K   Swanton Ohio County Rd K Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:17 am

You never know what was on your land before your house was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
Alice

Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Swanton Ohio County Rd K   Swanton Ohio County Rd K Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:56 am

I love to hear a story with animals reacting to paranormal, because we can question our sanity or have doubts whether what we've experienced was influenced by suggestion or something, but animals are "neutral", you cannot make them exaggerate or overreact.
Also, I find particulary interesting the part of the story in which you've found actual headstones of the family from vivid dream. Dreams are a powerful tool yet we often tend to ignore them.
I'm sure new occupants will notice something, if they're less sensitive maybe they'll be able to explain it off, but there will be some goings-on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swanton Ohio County Rd K   Swanton Ohio County Rd K Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swanton Ohio County Rd K
Page 1 of 1