Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunted House Almost Twenty Years Ago

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Haunted House Almost Twenty Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Haunted House Almost Twenty Years Ago   Haunted House Almost Twenty Years Ago Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 2:08 am

My wife and I purchased an old Mediterranean style house in Cocoa, Fl in 1980. It was built in 1925 by Dave Davis’ Construction Company, before Mr. Davis’ strange disappearance on a ship bound for Paris in 1926. His body was never recovered and there is some controversy that he may have gone overboard and took his life because of the large amount of money he was financed by the banks that he could not repay with only $30,000 coming in for that year.

Shortly after we purchased this old house we started to notice some strange occurrences, especially in the upstairs portion. Lights being turned on and doors slamming hard that could not be explained as no one was up there.
My wife had a friend that knew a Medium and she was asked to come to see if she could sense the presence of a spirit. As soon as she entered the upstairs bedroom she fell into a trance like state and scaring the kids half to death. She said that she felt a strong presence of a spirit occupying the bedroom closet. I was skeptical and passed it off as not being much a believer, but the lights still came on and the door slamming continued at all hours.

A few years later I was doing some remodeling and tiling the kitchen floor with my back to the stair case when I heard what I thought was one of the kids running down the stairs. I called, but no answer. As soon as I set the piece of tile I turned around and there on the living room floor at the bottom of the stairs was an opened Bible that had tumbled down from a bookcase that was at the head of the stairs.

I did not read the passage that it opened to, but I have wondered many times of all the forty plus books that were in that book case why was it the Bible that came tumbling all the way down and lay opened on the living room floor.
This happened almost twenty years ago and many have told me I should have read those pages the Bible open to. At the time I did think about it, but closed it and placed it back in the book case.

By: SwampRat@cfl.rr.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Haunted House Almost Twenty Years Ago
Page 1 of 1