Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunted House in MA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Haunted House in MA Empty
PostSubject: Haunted House in MA   Haunted House in MA Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 10:11 pm

I've been reading the stories on your site and decided to share one of many occurrences that I have had through out my lifetime. I was about 26 when I moved in with my boyfriend (now my x) and his parents. Prior to moving in, at times I had gotten feelings of being watched. The house was well over 150 years old maybe more. It had been used back in the colonial days as a safe house for the Underground Railroad. There is a secret room in it and the only way to get to it now, is if you get on the roof and climb down the chimney. The chimney has footholds going down the inside of it. From what I understand the room was used as a safe room in case the Indians attacked and tried to burn the house down, the family would be able to get to the room from inside the house. The house would burn around them but they would be safe and then could climb up the chimney to escape. It is believed that at the beginning of the stairway on the first floor is where the original access to the secret room is located though no one was really sure.

The house has gone through several renovations over the years and the original design is no longer known. The house while I was there was divided in to two halves. One side my boyfriend and I lived on that had a living room, bedroom, and a back room/ kitchenette of sorts. There were two ways to enter his side. One way was; as you walked in the front door you took a left and walked into the double doors that lead into his living room. Or you could go through the small hallway between his parent’s dining room and his room. The hallway was set up more like a closet with doors on each end, that space use to be where the stoves were located when the house was first built. The stairway up to the second floor is very steep; it is built over the area where the fireplace use to be.

The first thing to happen to me was an innocent teasing. I was sitting at my boyfriend’s computer, which is in his living room, playing a video game and listening to my cd player. The desk had an L shaped return where I was resting my arm. While I was playing the game I felt and heard a slight taping on the return. At first I didn't think anything of it, but then thought that maybe my boyfriend was trying to be subtle about wanting my attention. I turned my chair around to face him and I was saying,"Did you want something." But when I turned around there was nobody there. So I turned back around and started playing the game again. A few minutes later the taping started again. Each time I turned and no one would be there. By this time I was thinking that maybe my boyfriend was playing a trick and moving out my line of sight. the next time the taping started, I whirled completely around. No one was there and my boyfriend had just walked into the living room from his room, in time to see me spinning in the chair. I told him what happened and he said that it was just one of the ghost that playing with me. He then told me that the house had several ghost and they had one confirmed sighting of a little girl.

I guess overtime I had become the target. Occasionally I would place something down and it would disappear end up in a different room. At first I thought it was I just not remembering where I put things. Then one night my boyfriend had placed his wallet on the dresser in his room and went in his living room to read a book. There is a doorway between his room and the living room but no door. He was sitting on the couch and out of the corner of his eye he watched his wallet lift up off his dresser float in mid air and place itself on the other dresser across the room. He went into his room and confirmed that his wallet was now indeed on the other dresser, not where he put it before.

There would be other odd occurrences that would go on. His toilet flushing by it self, every once in a while I would see a dark shape near the heater in his kitchenette. The one thing that was most interesting is that I would be sitting in the living watching TV and I would see a black and white cat run across the doorway between the living room and his room. I once told his older sister about the cat and she then told me that they use to have a black and white cat named Patches.

I only lived there for about a year when him and I had broken up and I moved out. We got back together but that is where things changed. There were nights that I would stay over; he would have to go to work earlier than I (before sunrise). After he left some mornings I would be half in and out of sleep but I would feel the weight of someone curled up on my back laying next to me. The first time I thought that my boyfriend and come back home feeling ill or something. I turned over and nothing was there. The weight had gone. I thought maybe again one of the ghosts was just playing a trick on me. Then another time the same thing happened but this time; I felt the slight weight of someone hand caressing my side. I got out of the bed. This went on for a few weeks to the point that I no longer wanted to stay in the house without him there. I told him about it but neither one of us could come with an explanation. (Until later which I won't get into right now.) It kept happening until one morning, I bolted up and yelled, "Your not Ken so stop it!" It stopped for a time, but then I changed jobs and didn't have to go in until a later time and somet ng else started to happen.

The first time I stayed over after changing jobs, my boyfriend left at his usual time. I was lying awake in bed trying to get back to sleep. My boyfriend had left the hallway doors open so I could see down the hall way and into his parent’s dining room. I was facing the hallway when suddenly what looked liked someone holding a lantern up walking; crossed the doorway on the dining room side and go into his parent’s kitchen. I was alone in the house; his parents were away. My initial thought was that someone had broken in, but I had not heard any sounds. I remained still my heart pounding. I saw the light again cross the doorway; it came from the kitchen, like someone was looking for something. I decided to mustard up the courage to go out there and see what was going on. My boyfriend keeps a dagger under his bed, so I grabbed the dagger and walked out the room. I was shaking; I thought for sure someone else was in the house and trying to rob it. I turned on the closet light switch to me. But found nothing. I checked all the doors; they were locked. Shaken and quite awake, I dressed, left the house and hung out at the local coffee shop until I had to go to work. When I told my boyfriend about it his response was, "Oh that's the caretaker, he may have just been wondering what you were doing still in bed." Until that day I had never encountered that ghost, and it terrified me.

After that day things escalated with that ghost. My boyfriend’s parents headed down south for the winter and left him in charge of the house. I would still stay over at times but after he left for work I would migrate to the couch in his living room, in hopes of avoiding the caretaker. A series of incidents caused me to finally break and get mad. I was sleeping on the couch and I would hear and feel the vibrations of pounding footsteps that would start from the dining room, go through my boyfriend’s room and end at the doorway of the living room. I had it and yelled, "I don't have to be up at that ing time anymore so leave me alone." The caretaker continued with his antics.

I stayed less and less during the week. If by chance I did stay; I would stay up after my boyfriend left and watch TV or work on the computer. His parents came back and things calmed down a bit except for the times when I would stay on a Friday and my boyfriend had to work the next day. I would still get visits from the caressing ghost even with if his parents were there. The house was eventually sold but by that time, we had broken up. I have other encounters with the paranormal but I will save those for another time.

By: barrudaki@comcast.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Haunted House in MA
Page 1 of 1